Sorry this post is so late. Things have been kind of hectic as you can imagine, especially with family in town and the Holidays. Here is our little peanut in all his glory as promised (more pics on the video at the end). He has been such a joy in our lives and Doug and I both love being parents! Here is how it went down:
The day after Christmas, my water broke around 11 p.m. We decided to wait and see if I would start having contractions. With no luck, we ended up checking into the hospital on Saturday the 27 at 11 a.m. I was 70% effaced and dilated to a 1+, which is apparently really good for being so early. Doug and I decided to continue to wait rather than be induced and try to get contractions going on my own. Around 7 p.m. that night, we knew there was no other option but to be induced since I had only dilated another centimeter in the hours we had been at the hospital.
The HypnoBirthing techniques were extremely helpful, but I was so exhausted by the time they induced me, I was worried I wouldn't have what it took when it came time to push. Once I was dilated to 7-8 I decided to get the epidural which only worked on my left side. The anesthesiologist came and gave me another dose to try and catch up with how fast I was dilating, but it still wasn't taking effect on my right side. He pulled out the needle a bit and gave me another full dose. Still nothing. By this time I'm in the transition phase and not very happy. So he pulled out the needle and made a new site and gave me another dose. FOUR FULL DOSES plus the drip! Needless to say my left thigh was numb the entire next day. They called the doctor in when he was crowning. A few pushes later, Dallan joined our little family.
Although three weeks early, he was perfect in every way and had no complications, other than being a little jaundice. He is such a mellow little guy. As long as he is fed, changed and burped, he is so content. In the hospital it just felt like we were playing mom and dad! It was crazy to actually put him in the car seat and take him home with us. We still can't believe sometimes that he is ours!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Look what Santa Left in Our Stocking!
Posted by Kristin at Saturday, January 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations! He is absolutley perfect!
Congratulations guys! You have a blessed kid born on this special day! May he grows as your pride and joy! Best from us!
dude! I've been checking every day for pics and am so glad you found some time to post a few. That's so awesome! What a little lady killer. So glad to have him here safe and sound. Congrats to you and sir Douglas.
Kristin, he is so cute. I too have been checking everyday to see him. Don't you love being numb all day. I can't believe you got 4 epidurals. I have had 2 and it sucked afterward when you want to pee on your own and take a shower. I am so sorry.
Congratulations!! We are so happy for you guys. He is perfect.
I've been checking your blog everyday waiting for pics. I didn't want to bug you about them, but I was DYING to see some!
I love the stocking image! What a doll. Whose nose did he inherit? It's cute. So wish I could visit you!
I hope you like the book On Becoming Babywise. I preferred it out of the 3 baby books I've read.
Oh, I'm so glad here is here! I've also been checking every day for pics. So glad you were able to find the time to show him to the world!
Much love!
Congrats Kristin! Glad everything went smoothly. Looking forward to seeing the little guy.
CONGRATULATIONS! He's a doll. Drink in every single moment.
He is SOOOO cute!! Congrats!
Congrats!
Congratulations!! He is adorable. We'll definitely need to get together once you are feeling up to it.
Yay!!!! I can't believe your little guys is here! Congratulations. He's adorable. I bet you ran a mile after giving birth. You amaze me.
okay, just seeing this now, but HOW CUTE IS THAT????
Post a Comment